The SAP FI CO (Financials and Controlling) module includes two major categories of functionality needed to run the financial accounts of a company - Financials (FI) and Controlling (CO). FI includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; also procedures to post accounts, close books, prepare financial statements and balance sheet.
- Understand the basic SAP terminologies and basic SAP commands
- Configure Organizations in FI/CO
- Configure FI- GL
- Configure Taxes
- Configure Electronic Bank Statements
Understand the basic SAP terminologies and basic SAP commands.
- SAP introduction:
- Overview of SAP modules
- Familiar with SAP commands
- What is a SAP Client?
- What is a SAP transaction code?
- What is SAP menu?
- What is configuration menu (IMG)?
- Financial organization structure overview:
- Relationships/assignments between: Company, Company codes, Credit control area, Controlling Area, Operating concern
Week 2: This session is to learn how to define/create the FICO organization structures and understand how and why each structure is assigned to one another.
What are the required elements in SAP to configure a fully functional company?
- Financial Accounting & Controlling
- 1. Create company
- 2. Create company code
- 3. Create credit control area
- 4. Chart of Account
- 5. Field status variant/field status group
- 6. Field status variant
- 7. Fiscal year variant
Week 3: This session will be learning how to define the controlling area.
- What is controlling area?
- Why do we need a control area?
- What is the relationship between CO & FI.
- Controlling area
- 1. Create controlling area
- 2. Configure/activate controlling area
- 3. Assign controlling area to company code
- 4. Cost centers
- 5. Profit centers
- 6. Cost elements
This session is to learn the FI-sub-module functionality:
- 1) General Ledger,
- 2) Banks,
- 3) Customer, Vendors and
- 4) Functionality offered in each sub-module.
- 5) How is the sub-module integrated
- General Ledger
- 1. GL accounts/Cost elements (Field status variant/field status group)
- 2. What is document type? Document number ranges?
- 3. How to create a journal entry
- Tax configuration
- 1. Configure Input tax/output tax
- 2. Withholding tax
- House Bank / Bank master data
- 1. What is house bank
- 2. What is bank master data
- 3. How they are used in the system
- Vendor Master Data
- 1. Vendor groups/number range
- 2. How to create a vendor invoice/credit memo
- 3. How to attach documents to master data and documents
- 4. Withholding tax configuration (1099-MISC)
- 5. How to generate 1099-misc report/print 1099 form
- 6. Dunning overview
This session will be leaning the SAP accounts payable automatic payment run configuration and the payment run process. How to setup payment methods and how everything is integrated together?
- Automatic payment run process
- 1. Configure payment methods and
- 2. Configure automatic payment run / check lots
- 3. How to generate payment proposal?
- 4. How to generate payment run?
- 1. Master Data
- 2. Customer groups/number range
- 3. Configure customer statement and how to generate a customer statement
This session will be leaning how to setup or configure the electronic bank statement and how to use the electronic bank statement
- SAP reporting overview
- Electronic bank statement
- 1. Configure electronic bank statement
- 2. Configure posting rules
- 3. Load bank statement and Process bank statement
- SAP Reporting overview